By Dorothea Frede,Burkhard Reis
Read or Download Body and Soul in Ancient Philosophy PDF
Similar greek & roman philosophy books
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2007 im Fachbereich Philosophie - Philosophie der Antike, be aware: 1,3, Johann Wolfgang Goethe-Universität Frankfurt am major (Philosophie), Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Augustinus interessiert sich in seiner ersten part seines Denkens, bis ca. 396 für zwei Dinge: Gott und die Seele.
The eagerness of Infinity generates a ancient narrative surrounding the idea that of the irrational as a danger which rational tradition has made a chain of makes an attempt to appreciate and relieve. It starts off with a studying of Sophocles' Oedipus because the paradigmatic determine of a cause that, having transgressed its mortal restrict, turns into catastrophically reversed.
This booklet consolidates rising examine on Aristotle's technology and ethics to be able to discover the level to which the thoughts, tools, and practices he constructed for medical inquiry and clarification are used to enquire ethical phenomena. each one bankruptcy exhibits, otherwise, that Aristotle's ethics is way extra like a technological know-how than it truly is quite often represented.
The articles during this quantity hire source-work learn to track Kierkegaard's realizing and use of authors from the Greek culture. a sequence of figures of various value in Kierkegaard's authorship are taken care of, starting from early Greek poets to overdue Classical philosophical colleges. regularly it may be stated that the Greeks jointly represent one of many unmarried most vital physique of assets for Kierkegaard's notion.
- Partitioning the Soul: Debates from Plato to Leibniz (Topoi – Berlin Studies of the Ancient World/Topoi – Berliner Studien der Alten Welt)
- Sonne und Mond, Kalender und Uhr: Studien zur Darstellung und poetischen Reflexion der Zeitordnung in der römischen Literatur (Untersuchungen Zur Antiken Literatur Und Geschichte) (German Edition)
- Aristoteles' Physik (German Edition)
- Platons Höhlengleichnis. Der philosophische Erkenntnisweg (German Edition)
- Stoic Ethics: Epictetus and Happiness as Freedom (Continuum Studies in Ancient Philosophy)
- Kierkegaard Studies. Yearbook / Kierkegaard's Concept of Irony: 2009
Extra resources for Body and Soul in Ancient Philosophy
Body and Soul in Ancient Philosophy by Dorothea Frede,Burkhard Reis